Tuesdays are for tacos or so the saying goes. But how about a twist….Taco Soup! If your looking to change up your Tuesday dinner routine, put some soup on!!! This slow cooker recipe is a perfect addition to your fall or winter Taco Tuesdays; the longer it cooks, the deeper the flavor. And don’t forget to pair it with some avocado and tortilla strips. Buen Provecho!!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 14.5 oz canned low sodium pinto beans, drained
- 14.5 oz canned low sodium black beans, drained
- 14.5 oz canned diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 14.5 oz canned corn, drained
- 2 cups fat free low sodium chicken broth
- 1.25 oz taco seasoning
Let’s Make It!
- Add all ingredients to Crock-Pot
- Cook on LOW 4 hours (up to 8 is fine)
- The longer the soup cooks, the deeper the flavor
- Remove chicken and shred/chop
- Return chicken to soup. Enjoy!!!
- Vegetarian option: Leave the meat out entirely and add more of you favorite beans.
- Don’t forget to freeze: This soup freezes really well for up to 2 months.
- Freeze in small portions for quick and easy lunches.
- Customize it: Switch out the chicken for ground beef or ground turkey.
- Be sure to brown the ground beef or turkey first.