Salmon Avocado rice bowls a perfect addition to your summer menu and is part of our summer series recipes. Salmon is light, healthy and quick so you’ll have more time to spend with your family rather than cooking in the kitchen. This is also a great way to introduce kids to fish since this recipe has lots of sweet flavors to mask the any fishy taste. Its definitely a crowd pleaser!
- 4 cup jasmine rice (1 cup per person)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup lime, juice only
- 4 tbsp minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp chicken or vegatable stock
- 1 lb salmon fillets, skin off
- 1 ripe avocado
Let’s Make It!
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- Cook rice per package instructions.
- Heat a cooking pan on medium-high heat. Add stock, 1 tbsp of honey, 1/2 cup lime juice and 2 tbsp cilantro to pan. (Save remaining ingredients for next steps).
- Simmer the mixture for about a minute, remove from heat and mix with rice. Mix well and set aside.
- Line a backing sheet with aluminum foil.
- Mix remaining lime juice, honey, and together in a bowl then rub mixture onto salmon fillets. Sprinkle salt on salmon as desired. NOTE: Glaze will run down salmon onto baking sheet and will burn. This is ok, the fish is not burning.
- Bake salmon 12-15 minutes.
- Divide rice among bowls and top with salmon fillet. Top with sliced avocado, lime juice, and salt to taste. Enjoy!
- Rice: Pre-cook rice the day before to speed of cook time.
- Chili Powder: Add a 1/4 tsp of chili powder to add a little spice!
- Noodles: Substitute thin noodles for rice to change up the recipe.