Chicken Tacos (Before) Chicken Tacos (After)
During the my husbands travel weeks (or any time for that matter) my Crock-pot makes an appearance! Taco Tuesday is one of our favorite Crock-pot recipes because 1) It cooks while we are at work & school 2) Its all cooked in 1 pot and 3) the kids will eat it!! This recipe for Crock-Pot Chicken Tacos creates flavorful, incredibly tender shredded chicken that works beautifully in a variety of Mexican dishes. And don’t forget the Crock-pot liners for easy clean up!
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 heaping tablespoons homemade taco seasoning mix or store-bought
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Diced Fire Roasted Garlic Tomatoes (or similar variety)
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can diced green chiles, un-drained
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Corn or flour tortillas
- Toppings – cheese tomatoes, lettuce, avocado, etc.
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker. Sprinkle taco seasoning evenly over the chicken. Top with diced onion and then pour tomatoes over the top. Top with the un-drained green chiles. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove lid from slow cooker and shred the chicken with two forks. Add cilantro and mix to combine. Serve.
*Recipe courtesy of Valerie’s Kitchen