How about a chewy candy to start your new year off right! Brigadeiro are rich “little chocolate nuggets” popular in Brazil and were created by confectioner Heloisa Nabuco de Oliveira. Brigadeiros typically accompany birthday celebrations but you can have them for any celebration. This Brigadeiro recipe is easy, kid friendly and makes quite a few….12-14 total!
- 1 14 oz (300 ml) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons (22 g) unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) water
- 1 tablespoon (14 g) butter
- chocolate or rainbow sprinkles
Let’s Make It!
- Use half of the butter to grease a big plate or platter.
- In a small bowl or cup, mix the cocoa and water so the cocoa dissolves.
- In a medium-sized, heavy saucepan, use a wooden spoon to combine the dissolved cocoa, condensed milk, and the remaining butter over medium-low heat.
- Keep stirring until the mixture thickens and starts to look a bit like brownie batter. When you drag your spoon across the bottom of the pan, it should take a moment before the gap fills back in. Hang in there, this step can take as long as 20 minutes.
- Spread the chocolate on the buttered platter and let it cool to room temperature. If you want to speed up the cooling, pop the platter in the fridge.
- Once the mixture is cool, grease your hands with a little butter. Scoop up some chocolate in a spoon and then roll it between your palms to form a ball.
- Roll the ball in sprinkles. Scoop and roll the rest of the chocolate the same way. Enjoy!
- Muy delicioso!!
Want more recipes in your inbox?