Here’s an alternative to sandwiches for your next picnic, park trip, work or school lunch: Buffalo Chicken Wraps! These wraps are easy to make, healthy, and a family favorite. This recipe takes 5 minutes to make so some of the ingredients are pre-made and ready to eat. They make the perfect travel snack and/or lunch no matter wear you are going. You can check out our more recent adventure to the park here. Enjoy!
- 2-3 Iceberg lettuce leaves per wrap
- 1 slice sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 grilled chicken breast, sliced and warmed
- 2 slices of bacon
- 1 tablespoon buffalo sauce
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing
Let’s Make It!
- Cook bacon slices based on number of wraps you will be making. Set aside to cool.
- Place 2 lettuce leaves on a clean surface so that they slightly overlap creating a barrier.
- Add 1 slice of cheddar cheese in the center.
- Top cheese with sliced chicken, bacon and drizzle with buffalo sauce and ranch.
- Wrap ingredients tightly like a burrito.
- Slice down the center when ready to eat. Note: Add a toothpick in the center if needed to hold wrap together.
- Switch the Cheese: Switch out the Cheddar cheese with Swiss or Pepper Jack to change up the flavor and add a bit more spice.
- Tortillas: If your really hungry, swap the lettuce wrap for flour tortillas. This will keep you fuller for longer and won’t make a dent in your daily carbohydrate count.
- Warm it Up: Cook your bacon 30 minutes before you put together your wrap.
- Ready To Go: Put wraps in insulated cooler so they will stay warm until you get to your destination.
Want more recipes in your inbox?