Who wants ice cream??? How about DIY strawberry banana ice cream? This 2 ingredient non-dairy ice cream recipe is a perfect addition to our summer series and is a great activity to do with the kids. #kidfriendlyrecipes
- 1 frozen banana, sliced
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- Plastic or reusable freezer bags
- This recipe makes 1 serving; double recipe for each additional person
Let’s Make It!
- Peel the banana and slice into smaller pieces. Remove tops from strawberries and slice into smaller pieces
- Place fruit in ziplock bag and freeze for at least 4 hours. For firmer ice cream freeze fruit overnight.
- Add frozen strawberries and banana slices to food processor or high speed blender.
- Blend the fruit until smooth. Fruit will initially look like crumbles during blending process, just keep blending. Stop the machine at least once to scrape the sides.
- Once smooth, serve and enjoy.
- Save Time: To skip the freezing time, use frozen fruit from the freezer section at your local grocery store.
- Texture: For soft serve, serve the ice cream right after blending. For firmer texture, freeze the ice cream an additional 2 hours.
- Change It Up: You can interchange the fruit or add different fruits to this recipe for a nice twist. Example….pineapple!
Want more recipes in your inbox?