These days we are seeing less travel due to the pandemic. Many states still have lock down orders, re-opening has paused, and only essential business are allowed to continue daily operations. Suffice it the stay, it is not business as usual. Additionally, there is a currently a ban on travel to countries part of the European Union (EU) from the United States. Although, our family strongly believes in staying home staying health, it has definitely made us realize how much we miss travelling, especially internationally. Here are 5 things we miss most about travelling.
- The Food: There are so many different types of cuisine to discover in other countries. From the exotic delicacies in Singapore and Japan to good ‘ol fashion BBQ in Yerevan, there is nothing like discovering new foods. Food is an adventure and culture experience all scooped on a plate. At times, the food can be highly indulgent or completely unappealing, but each bite is totally worth it!
- The People: The ability to meet new people, learn about their history and experience their culture has always been fascinating to us. It will literally change your view of the world in an instant. Its the people you meet as much as the places you go that make each trip worthwhile. Through our travels, we have meet some truly inspiring people that we will never forget.
- Flexibility: No schedule, no work, no obligations-its a perfect travel experience. Whether traveling work or leisure, taking a bit of time to relax and enjoy your surroundings is priceless. It’s the amount of freedom and break from your daily routine when you travel can be the most enjoyable. Going with the flow can sometimes be the best travel “schedule”!
- New Adventures: Traveling gives you the opportunity to explore and experience new adventures. Take to the open road or follow the unbeaten path. We have had so many great adventures and discovered new things, concepts and experiences that we will remember for a lifetime. the thrill of exploring, a journey into unknown, a sense of adventure
- Personal Growth: Whether travelling alone or with friends, you experience a lot of personal growth. Whether its by becoming more patient as you navigate a foreign land or gain new perspectives about a people and it cultures, you’ll come back a changed person. You will be more confident in stepping out of your comfort zone and more courageous in your adventures. Give yourself some grace and embrace the new you that comes from travelling.
Want more from The Traveller’s Wife?
6 thoughts on “5 Things We Miss Most About Traveling”
Oh man, I’m right there with you!!!
I agree with everything you wrote!!! Hope to travel again soon
Yes! I miss traveling too! Hoping it won’t take that long for it to be able to happen again.
I miss those things about travelling, too but have used the time to really dive into myself.
Yes to the personal growth!!! Yes to it all! We were supposed to start full-time travel this month and boy are my feet itching to get moving. Loved your post 🙂
its wonderful and awesome articles. its very useful information for people