Slow cooker lemon garlic chicken works not matter the season and is a super easy recipe to make. Its easy to customize and you can make a little or a lot. Add some rice or pasta and you’ve got a weeknight meal the whole family will love. Enjoy!!
- 2 Lbs skinless boneless chicken breast
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp dried Oregano
- 1 tsp fresh Parsley
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp Chicken bouillon granules
- 3 tsp lemon juice
Let’s Make It!
- In a bowl mix oregano, salt and pepper then rub mixture all over chicken.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat and brown chicken for 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Place chicken in slow cooker.
- In the same skillet, mix the water, lemon juice, garlic and bouillon and bring mixture to a boil. Pour over chicken in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for 5 hours. Add parsley to slow cooker 15 to 30 minutes before the end of the cook time.
- Chicken Broth: Substitute chicken broth for the water to enhance the flavor.
- Slow Cooker Liner: Use a slow cooker liner for easy clean up.
- Cornstarch: Use cornstarch to thicken the sauce
- Leftovers: Leftovers last 2-3 days in the refrigerator, perfect for quick weeknight dinners.
Want more recipes in your inbox?