In honor of our most recent trip to London, here’s a recipe for kid friendly fish and chips! This traditional British dish, served in all the pubs in London, is a great meal or snack while your taking in the local sights and sounds. This recipe is quick, easy and customizable. We hope you enjoy our take on this traditional dish
- 1 1/4 lbs of any firm white fish fillet (cod, hake, etc)
- 1 1/3 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 tsp of Thyme
- 1 tsp of Garlic powder
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 packet of oven baked chips (substitute potato wedges or steak fries)
Let’s Make It
- Preheat oven to 410 F / 210 C
- Line a baking sheet with foil, lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Slice fish into smaller pieces.
- Add flour, thyme, garlic powder, black pepper and salt into bowl. Mix well.
- Add bread crumbs to separate bowel.
- Lightly beat eggs in a separate bowl.
- Place fish into flour bowl first, cover well but remove any excess flour.
- Next, dip flour covered fish into egg bowel, cover well.
- Next dip egg covered fish into bread crumb bowl then place on baking sheet.
- Repeat steps 5-7 for remaining fish pieces.
- Bake fish for 10-15 minutes until golden.
- Bake chips per packet instructions.
Want more recipes in your inbox?