Brown Sugar and Garlic chicken thighs are one of the easiest recipes I make in my slow cooker. With only 5 ingredients, it is easy to prep, budget friendly and a family favorite. As with all my recipes, you can customize it by adding a little spice with crushed red pepper or by using a different cut of chicken. Enjoy!!
- 5 chicken thighs (or substitute with chicken breast or chicken wings)
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar packed
- For deeper caramel flavor, use dark brown sugar
- Add chicken, salt, pepper and garlic to Crock-pot (slow cooker).
- Do not add any liquids. Chicken thighs naturally release liquids when cooked.
- Mix it up then flip chicken to skin side up
- Sprinkle on brown sugar
- Cook on Low for 8 hours or High for 4 hours